Letter from President letter on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Related Support Measures for Clubs, Employees and
29 March 2020
To: Member Organizations, Connected Clubs and also Registered Members
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Relevant Support Procedures for Clubs, Employees as well as
This source gives a summary of the assistance that will come to the boxing
the area over the coming months by means of various federal government agencies.
This source was originally developed by Bowls Australia. BAL thanks Bowls Australia for
enabling the source to be replicated for the Australian Boxing community.
The info offered may not be extensive, but is current as of the date of publication
( 29th March 2020).
For Clubs– Nationally
– Money for clubs that use team
o Use staff and keep the tax on incomes;
o Companies with a turn over of less than $50M– includes Not-ForProfits;
o Energetic employers before 12th March
– Organisations can get 2 payments of a minimum of $20,000 and a.
optimum of $100,000 from April 28.
– Even more, details can be discovered at https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-.
03/Fact _ sheet-Cash_flow_assistance_for_businesses_0. pdf.
– Included in the above reality sheet are details about exactly how apprentices can get 50%.
wage aid for nine months, approximately $21,000 in the total amount.
– Temporary alleviation for financially distressed companies.
– There is a short-term rise in the threshold (from $2,000 to $20,000) at which.
creditors can release a legal need on business and also the moment firms have.
to reply to the statutory demands they receive (from 21 days to six months).
– There is momentary relief for supervisors from any type of individual responsibility for services.
trading while financially troubled– this will request six months.
– More details can be found at: https://www.business.gov.au/riskmanagement/emergency-management/coronavirus-information-and-support-forbusiness/temporary-relief-for-financially-distressed-businesses.
– Finance assurance plan & leisure of loaning.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
o Companies with a turnover of less than $50M– include Not-For-Profits.
o The Government will certainly offer a warranty of 50% for new unsafe financings.
to be used for functioning resources.
o Finances of approximately $290,000 for up to 3 years, with time out on.
settlements for 6 months– to commence by early April.
o More details can be found at:.
– The Federal government is also supplying an exemption from liable borrowing.
commitments for lending institutions giving debt to existing small business clients.
This exception is for six months as well as puts on any kind of debt for service.
purposes, including brand-new credit, credit line boosts, and also debt variations.
as well as reorganizes.
– AGMs can be held off for two months for services with AGMs because of being held.
by 31st May.
– It is anticipated that ASIC will certainly likewise offer additional updates for organisations with.
March, April, May or June year-end days in the coming months.
– Even more, details can be found at: https://asic.gov.au/about-asic/newscentre/find-a-media-release/2020-releases/20-068mr-guidelines-formeeting-upcoming-agm-and-financial-reporting-requirements/ (this link may.
need to be copied as well as pasted).
For Employees & Individuals– Countrywide.
– Settlements to support households.
– The Federal government is offering 2 separate $750 payments to social security.
professional, various other earnings assistance receivers (including those that get Family.
Tax Benefits) as well as qualified concession card owners. The very first settlement will be.
made from March 31, 2020 and also the 2nd payment will be made from July 13.
2020. Around half of those that benefit are pensioners.
– More details can be found at: https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-.
03/Fact _ sheet-Payments_to_support_households. pdf.
– Income support for individuals.
– For brand-new and also existing recipients of JobSeeker Payments (which replaced Newstart.
Allocation and a variety of various other payments from 20 March 2020), Parenting.
The settlement, Youth Allocation for jobseekers, Young people Allocation for students, Austudy,
Abstudy, Ranch House Allowance, as well as Unique Benefit. The supplement will certainly be.
spent for six months as well as nearly increases the maximum repayment price for a JobSeeker.
– A $550 per fortnight repayment to begin on April 27, 2020, and also proceed for six.
– Even more information can be discovered at: https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-.
03/Fact _ sheet-Income_Support_for_Individuals. pdf.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
– Early access to superannuation.
– Eligibility– if after January 1, 2020:.
o you were made redundant; or.
o your functioning hours were reduced by 20 percent or more; or.
o if you are a sole investor– your company was put on hold or there was.
a decrease in your turnover of 20 percent or even more.
– Eligible individuals will certainly be able to apply to access approximately $10,000 of theirs.
superannuation prior to July 1, 2020. They will certainly likewise have the ability to access up to a.
even more $10,000 from July 2, 2020, for approximately 3 months.
– More details can be located at https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/Indetail/Withdrawing-and-using-your-super/Early-access-on-compassionategrounds/.
– Briefly reducing minimal superannuation drawdowns as well as social security.
– There are momentary reductions on superannuation minimum drawdown.
requirements for account-based pension plans and similar products by 50% for.
the 2019-20 and 2020-21 revenue years.
– The Government is likewise minimizing both the upper and reduced social security.
regarding prices by a further 0.29 portion factors in addition to the 0.5.
portion point decrease to both prices revealed on March 12, 2020.
– More information can be discovered at:.
For Clubs– New South Wales.
– Pay-roll tax obligation waived.
– Companies with a payroll of less than $10M will certainly have their pay-roll tax waived.
for the months April to June, 2020. In addition, the threshold for pay-roll tax has.
been increased to $1M in 2020-21.
– Advancing the next round of payroll tax cuts by elevating the threshold restriction to.
$ 1M in 2020-21.
– A variety of costs as well as fees will certainly be waived for small businesses including bars, coffee shops,.
restaurants and also tradies.
For Clubs– Queensland.
– Pay-roll tax obligation relief.
– Immediate payroll tax obligation refunds of $740 million for COVID-19 impacted businesses.
– Pay-roll income tax return for all businesses have been postponed until July 31, 2020.
o A payroll tax vacation and deferral up until completion of 2020 for eligible.
services. All small and moderate organisations (payroll approximately $6.5 M) will certainly be.
a) A two-month refund of pay-roll tax obligation, providing an average of nearly.
$ 9,000 cash;.
b) A three-month pay-roll tax obligation vacation, conserving approximately $13,360;.
c) Additionally, they will be qualified to defer all payroll tax obligation repayments for.
the remainder of 2020.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
– Power costs.
– $500 discount on electricity expenses for all Queensland tiny and medium sized.
businesses that eat less than 100,000 kW hours. This will be.
instantly applied to electricity expenses.
– Alcohol licensing.
– Forgoed for service affected by enforced security market closures.
For Employees & Participants– Queensland.
– Utility prices.
– $200 discount for all 2.1 M Queensland houses (consisting of the $50 Asset.
Possession Reward already revealed) to counter the expense of water and.
electricity costs– to be immediately used via house electrical power.
For Clubs– South Australia.
– Just broad commentary southern Australian government as yet:.
” The stimulus package will inject $350M into our economic situation. The bundle intends to.
protect (our) economy and also minimise the economic influences of the COVID-19 international.
situation. This reaction consists of road and health center upgrades, new tourist infrastructure.
and a broadened Economic as well as Business Development Fund to support neighborhood market.
We’re likewise working with councils to provide $50M of neighborhood tasks that will support.
local tasks as well as neighborhood services”. Details to comply with: https://business.sa.gov.au/COVID19-business-information-and-support/Economic-response-package.
For Clubs– Tasmania.
– Payroll tax obligation forgoed.
– Pay-roll tax returns for all organisations have actually been postponed till July 31, 2020.
– Interest-free organisation car loans.
– For services with a turn over of less than $5M, interest-free for 3 years.
– Influence type to complete.
– Clubs must take the time to complete the kind below to give information on how.
the COVID-19 closures have actually impacted their business– the form can be located here:.
– More information:.
For Personnel & Participants– Tasmania.
– Relief repayments for those in isolation.
– One-off settlements of $290 for individuals or up to $1,000 for families, for those that.
are called for by Public Health to self-isolate as a result of the coronavirus. Qualification.
consists of those with a Health Care Card or a Pensioners, Giving In Card and also those.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
on reduced incomes that can show a need for financial support, consisting of informal.
For Clubs– Victoria.
– Pay-roll tax waived.
– Services with yearly taxable incomes up to $3M will certainly have their payroll tax obligation.
for their pay-roll tax for the 2019-2020 financial year forgoed. Qualified.
companies must continue to lodge returns however do not require to make better.
repayments for this financial year. Organisations will also be eligible to delay any kind of.
payroll tax liability for the very first 3 months of the 2020-21 fiscal year.
until January 1, 2021.
– Liquor licence costs forgoed.
– Organisations that have actually spent for a renewable liquor licence for 2020 will certainly be.
repaid their licence fee as well as those yet to pay will certainly have the fee forgoed.
– Land tax deferral.
– Land-owners due to pay 2020 land tax that have at least one non-residential.
property and total taxable landholdings below $1M have the alternative of.
deferring their 2020 land tax settlement up until after December 31, 2020.
– Service Support Fund.
– $500 million has been introduced to support “hard hit” industries consisting of.
friendliness, tourist, lodging, arts and also home entertainment, and also retail.
Even more details to adhere to.
For Clubs– Western Australia.
– Payroll tax forgoed.
– Businesses with a payroll of in between $1M as well as $4M will get a one-off grant of.
$ 17,500. Eligible companies will certainly have the ability to apply to postpone their 2019-2020 payroll tax obligation.
– $200 discount for all 2.1 M Queensland families (including the $50 Possession Possession.
Reward currently introduced) to offset the price of water and also power costs– to be.
instantly used with home power bills.
– The payroll tax threshold will certainly be raised to $1M from July 1, 2020, 6 months.
earlier than prepared.
For Employees & Individuals– Western Australia.
– Household costs and charges.
– All rises, charges and also costs will be iced up till at the very least July 2021. This consists of.
energies, public transport fares, motor vehicle charges.
– Power prices.
– The Energy Aid Plan (EAP) in 2020-21 will certainly be increased to supply.
added support to at risk Western Australians. The payment will certainly boost.
from $300 to $600 for qualified concession card-holders.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
For Clubs – ACT.
– Business Liaison.
o An organisation liaison phone line has actually been developed to assist businesses to.
comprehend the support offered to them via the ACT Economic Survival.
Package and also practical suggestions for businesses running through transformed.
plans due to COVID-19. The number services can call is: 6205.
– Small business owners with power usage listed below 100 megawatts annually will.
see refunds of $750 automatically put on their next electrical energy costs in around.
June or July 2020. The rebate will apply regardless of whether customers get on.
standing or market deals. You do not require to call your electrical energy provider as.
this will be automatically applied.
– Payroll tax.
o Industries will certainly obtain a six-month waiver of payroll tax obligation from March to.
August 2020. For those that lodge their payroll income tax return monthly, the very first.
waiver will be put on the March pay-roll tax return, which is typically.
payable by 7 April.
o For those that lodge their pay-roll income tax return every year, the waiver will certainly be.
related to their account when their return is gotten at the end of the 2019-.
20 fiscal year.
– Commercial prices refund.
o Commercial property owners with a Typical Unimproved Worth of $2.
million or much less on their property are qualified for a refund on their commercial.
rates repaired charge. Industrial price payers will get a credit history of $2,622.
( matching to the annual fixed charge) to their 2019-20 general rates, in.
quarter 4. This will be used automatically.
o Where rate payers have paid completely or have a quarter expense less than the credit,.
they will be qualified for a reimbursement. Services will require to complete a basic.
on the internet application (which will certainly be available soon on the ACT Earnings.
Office website) to make an application for a refund.
o Commercial homeowner will additionally not obtain a rise on their 2020-21 Fire.
and Emergency Providers Levy.
For Worker & Individuals– ACT.
o The ACT federal government will certainly minimize pressure on house spending plans by using a $150.
refund to the dealt with fee element of all property rates bills in 2020 – 21. This.
will certainly be immediately applied to 2020-21 prices expenses. You do not need to use.
o Households obtaining the Energies Concession will certainly get an added $200 discount.
with their electricity costs. This includes: Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card.
owners, Centrelink Low Income Healthcare Card holders and also Veteran’s Affairs.
Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card holders. This will be instantly applied.
to the following power costs in June or July 2020. You do not need to call your.
electrical power supplier.
TEL +61 434 781 805.
Please note that all of the advice is current as at 29th March 2020 as well as economic support bundles.
from all levels of federal governments are expected to be increased over the coming weeks and also months.
Chief Executive Officer.